Monday, July 27, 2009

Free Museums in New York


It's expensive to get culture- but I have found this list of ways to get in for free. I have been to the Brooklyn Museum of Art's Free First Saturday and it is kid-friendly, but it is always a good idea to give a call to see if strollers are friend or foe at a museum.

One deal not on the list is the new Target Free Sundays at The Studio Museum in Harlem every Sunday 12-6pm. If I missed any, click the comments link below and add it. Also this is an amazing deal: if you have a Bank of America card, the first weekend of every month is FREE at The Bronx Zoo, the New York Aquarium, The Met, The Whitney, and The Intrepid! My family took advantage of this 4th of July weekend. We went to the Aquarium and they were very strict with matching the ID's to the Bank of America card, but thankfully my husband and I each had our own. So I would not recommend lending your card to a friend for the free admission.

See the google calendar at the bottom of the blog for free admission dates thanks to Target.

Check out this awesome list for a complete listing, but I recommend giving a call before you head out.

By the way... If you do not have a Bank of America card to get into the museums, the Bank of America Upromise credit card is definitely the way to go if you have kids. A small percentage of your purchases go to college savings for your future students. It is an awesome program and of course it is free! Even without the credit card, by shopping through upromise.com my family and I saved $400 for my kid's college before he was even born!


UPromise College Dream Sweepstakes

Have fun at the museum! Tell us which ones are your favorite weather it is for a date, time with your family, or a couple of your friends by clicking the comments tab below.

No comments:

Post a Comment